View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Nerd Cave, V-2.0.0

As a supplemental development resource, the "Nerd Cave, V-2.0.0" is almost open for business.

I and the "Nerd Core" (sorry guys, no offense intended) have given my after-market, embedded Linux, development site a new face lift.

At this time, we are testing out the feature set that we would like to see working at the site.

The site is not open to the general public for registration, but anyone here who PM's me for the "Invitation Passcode" may register and enjoy joining in the test runs of the features.

Yes, Virginia, there is a "back story" here - - -

My home web-site (see my info block on left here) has been closed to new membership for nearly two years. It has been closed to new material addition (read-only site) for a year.

During conversation with Alex T. here about 3 months ago, he mentioned he would like to see an enhanced development section here at Mobileread.

I tried to give him my closed site at that time, but the impression I received from his replies was that the site package was a bit intimidating.
The TikiWiki site package does that to people (even the owner/operators of TW sites).

Recent trends here in the work being done on firmware and software development has been stretching the resource limits provided by a single forum with an on-site wiki.

Since I had an in-active, established, web-site for this specific purpose, it seemed only reasonable to supplement the resources of this forum with the existing, closed, development site.

The prior work was mostly MIPS based Media Players but the charter of the site specifically left it open to any Embedded Linux Device.

The "Nerd Core" and I have been busy, extending the infrastructure to include e-book readers.
Initially, just the Amazon products.

Browse the site here:
http://MiniModding.com

Much of the features of the site are hidden from non-members, so PM me for the "Invitation Passcode" and enjoy the members view of the site.

Many thanks are due the "Nerd Core" who are helping me with this effort, it probably could not have been done without their help.

For those that are just breaking into using a CMS site, this may help:
http://twbasics.tikiforsmarties.com/...i+for+Smarties

Last edited by knc1; 09-11-2012 at 08:55 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote