View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 11:00 PM   #1
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Device: Cybook Gen3
Mobi2Mobi_GUI for Mobi2Mobi Mobiperl Tool

****Kindle AZW File Users Alert****
Amazon Kindle (AZW) files now tie the Clipping Limit and TTF Flags into the DRM of the file. Using Mobi2Mobi (GUI) too remove these flags from DRM'd files will result in an unreadable file. Always ensure you only use Mobi2MobiGUI on copies of the original files.
Check the Kindle forum for more information regarding AZW DRM'd files.

v0.11 Has a fix courtesy of DiapDealer to address the potential truncation of the Mobi2Mobi output into the GUI textbox due to NULL characters in the text. The new v0.11 zip also contains the LoRes version of the GUI.

I have also finally released the current VB code for both the FAT & Slim versions of the GUI.

As always make sure you have backups of your files prior to making any mods, especially if you do in place modifications.

Note v0.11 Supports PRC, MOBI & AZW file extensions natively. Kindle users don't need to rename their AZW files to MOBI to use the GUI as some of the older guides on the web refer to older versions of the GUI.

Requirements:

MS .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Mobiperl Mobi2Mobi tool Perl/Win32 v0.0.42 or greater
VB Source Code requires MS Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition or greater

------------------
Please have a play and feedback any comments you have. Make sure you read the ReadMe.txt for the GUI requirements.

The Mobi2Mobi GUI source code is being released under GPLv3. Note that the code is largely undocumented and is released as is. I'm not the tidiest programmer so excuse what are probably a bunch of big no no's in the code. If you make use of the code or make any improvements, please send me a copy as I'm always interested in learning.

Attached Files
File Type: zip Mobi2Mobi_GUI_VB_v10.zip (77.6 KB, 11758 views)
File Type: zip Mobi2Mobi_GUI_v10_Source_GPL.zip (46.9 KB, 3991 views)
File Type: zip Mobi2Mobi_GUI_v10slim_Source_GPL.zip (47.4 KB, 3209 views)
File Type: zip Mobi2Mobi_GUI_VB_v11.zip (78.1 KB, 9596 views)

Last edited by Jad; 03-15-2012 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Change to Mobi2Mobi output text to address NULL character issue.
Jad is offline   Reply With Quote