View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 05:07 AM   #133
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur
Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
Ah...that is why you seemed so comfortable playing around Android. I've never heard of the Zaurus but I'll make sure to take a look at it (I have a soft spot for old electronic devices).

Are there good resources that you know of that could explain how Android works and how to modify it? I have learned a lot so far but feel that I am lacking knowledge to go any further.
Step one would be to set up a complete development environment and build Android from scratch for various devices. From this alone you'd learn a lot. Then you need to get comfortable enough with the environment that you can set up a build target for your desired device (ie: the IQ). The vendor will hardly help you with that

The second you have build the first generic working Android for the IQ, custom firmwares become trivia l

Quote:
I think the IQ would benefit from a custom ROM such as Cyanogen since we can pretty much forget about Honeycomb. as it seems that it will require a dual-core processor such as Tegra and a 1280*720 screen according to Engadget...
Indeed it would. But as you said, the hardware of the IQ is pretty low-spec. Even custom firmwares will give you only so much. Maybe Pocketboot will release a good base distribution for the IQ with the next update, that can be extended upon. One can dream, right?
Coredump-EE is offline   Reply With Quote