View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 03:23 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Forget the hierarchical tags for a moment. Just going from Tags to Authors to Titles would be nice compared to browsing thru all the fantasty books or maybe its just me and my being used to using folders so want something like that. But I really think a library app should be more intuitive you select a genre you get all the authors in the genre you select an author you get all the book by that author in that genre.
Ahhh, I misunderstood.

CC browses in the same way that calibre does -- items to books (titles). Like calibre, it does not support items to authors to books.

You can get much of what you want by using CC's search. For example, search for "tag:=fantasy". Because CC's searches are more like calibre's restrictions, you can then group by author or series or whatever to browse your library how you want, seeing items from books only that match the search

Thinking about it, it might be nice to make that search easier and faster by allowing a long-press on any item (tag, series, author, custom field, etc). The long-press would do a search for that item, after which you could browse. Given the recent CC change to "turn off" a search by tapping on the list header, browsing this way would be quite fast. The search would be very fast because it could be implemented using a database query instead of a scan. There are some complexities, such as how to display the "current search". I need to reflect some more about this.

Does anyone think that this "search via long-press" would be useful?

Last edited by chaley; 01-17-2013 at 12:26 PM. Reason: clarify description of grouping after search
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote