View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #215
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 Wifi
Hello, and thank you for all your work.

I have just finally re-jailbroken my kindle PW and happily installed the python script and the SS hack, as instructed in the README.txt.

I wanted to use the Cover option and in the linkss folder I copied an empty file named "cover" (no quotation marks). I restarted the kindle using the settings menu and when I put it to sleep, a blank file appeared. I checked that the cover_cache folder contains the cover of my last read book and restarted it again. Same thing.

I know I must be doing something wrong, but I have no idea what. I need help. If there is any detail I overlooked and needs to be given, I will be more than happy to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Later edit: I don't know what I did, but it works now but only one cover becomes a screensaver even though I have opened several books, and all respective covers are in the cache folder. This cover has been created as a screensaver in the screensavers folder and it is the only file there.

Even later edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilCat666 View Post
@Leir I'm no expert as can be judged by my previous problems, but! I have your issue if I just select a book and then sleep. However, if I wait a good few seconds or read a page, the book cover does appear as the screen saver. May be co-incidence, but maybe worth a try?
It works...Phew.

Last edited by kindleBunny; 12-08-2012 at 08:35 PM.
kindleBunny is offline   Reply With Quote