View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 12:58 PM   #20
NiaTrue
Edge User

Ummm, BPAs are banned in Canada and in several European countries (see here and here) and and in several states in the U.S. (see here). Lawn pesticides probably belong on that list.

The fatalistic attitude about technology being conveneint but fatal is startling. That logic basically says, "I don't care if having my shiny new x kills me, I just want it to give me whatever I want right now--and I could care less if it also kills innocent bystanders or damages people in the future. Just so long as I get what I want." And you're putting the eDGe, which we've established emits much less radiation than a typical cell phone, into the same category as known carcinogens?

New, convenient technologies don't have to be deadly. If we're not overly concerned with our own personal convenience and insist that new technologies also be safe, we'll all be a lot better off. I have no desire to give up easy egg-cooking, but if teflon is toxic, we should push scientists to come up with something that isn't.

Oracle, I hope you're never diagnosed with cancer. But if you are, let me know. Since styrofoam will likely be banned in Chicago by then, I'll bring you a couple of packs of smokes, eggs fried in a teflon pan, and a bottle of uranium. ;-)

Last edited by NiaTrue; 05-23-2010 at 01:02 PM.