View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 10:30 AM   #6
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos
I have a lot of djvu files, I converted one by printing it to pdf. Viewing this file on iLiad it badly disappointed: ugly black horizontal lines are visible are all-over. Have a look at attached pdf-file; I will post a picture tomorrow.

I found out: the pages in pdf file are split in several horizontal image parts. The viewer of iLiad shows between a split a black line.

This is a great bug.
The problem is that you have created a "version 1.6 pdf", and xpdf, that is the program the iliad uses for displaying pdfs, imlements only up to version 1.5. b_k uses evince that is based around poppler, and poppler is xpdf converted into a library, so it has the same limitations.

If you are able to get a bunch of image files (one per page), using ImageMagick convert utility you can get a nice pdf (perhaps with a little of fidling to get the right scale factor) from those files. It's as simple as in (tested on Linux):
prompt> convert '*.jpg' result.pdf

If you have to scale the images:

prompt> convert -geometry 200% '*.jpg' result.pdf

NOTE: In the tests i've done, it doesn't seems to compress much the images, so watch out the resulting file size.

Last edited by Antartica; 08-03-2006 at 10:33 AM.
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote