View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 03:40 PM   #10
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Always reading something

Great editorial and about six months after I got my Kindle 2, I did feel a little overwhelmed. In addition to all the wonderful classics out there, lo and behold, publishers were enticing me with a "free" first book in a series. This lead to purchasing the other books in the series (which was the publishers intent). After realizing that my TBR list was growing at an alarming rate, I thought, "There is no way in hell I am going to be able to read all these books!". That was then....

This is now... I don't feel the complusion (and believe me it was a complusion) to download every "free" title. If it sounds interesting, I jump on it. If not, I pass it by. While not as overwhelming as before, I still feel like a kid in a candy store. Like one of the previous posts, my Kindle has opened an entire world of independent authors I doubt I would have read, had it not been for their works being available electronically. Plus, the notion of having books at the push of a button means that I can read at anything, at anytime, anywhere.

At it stands right now, I have over 1000 books on my Kindle and there are days that I feel like I hit the lottery just knowing all those wonderful stories are out there waiting for me to lose myself in them. The excitement I felt when I first received my Kindle has not diminished, the methodology of searching for good reading material has changed, for the better.

IMHO, this is not a bad addiction to have.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote