View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigercounter View Post
Not to mention changing the lendme option features?
I'm not even sure that a firmware update would be necessary for this. I could be completely wrong, but I think any policy changes could be implemented in Content Server.

BTW, I've played with one now and I wouldn't call the device slow--not if you've used other e-ink devices. The touch i/f needs some tuning, though. It seems to have a little trouble distinguish between "sweeps", "throws", and "taps" (was that a "tap" followed by a "sweep", or just a "sweep"?) When in doubt, it just seems to ignore the motion, either that or it sees the gesture, decides it's not in context, and then ignores it?.

Extending the battery life would probably just be a matter of shutting the radios off sooner, dimming the bottom display while it's on, and shutting it off sooner, making the "sweep" page turn function optional so the device doesn't even have to monitor the touchscreen. In other words, power management. Though the quoted battery life doesn't bother me. I don't even know how long my Sony lasts on a charge. I've never kept track. I just plug it in when it says to.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote