View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #22
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilwork View Post
This video shows that they added a simple toggle switch to turn the backlight off and on (around 5:44~5:52). I guess that is why they are showing only two modes instead of cycling through all possible modes....
There does seem to be some confusion about the modes. Gizmodo refers to it as two mode, but in an older article, it talks of three-mode screen.

When I look at the video, it seems that there is still backlight, even though it's noticeably reduced. I might be wrong, of course, and the screen might just be so good, but it looks like reduced backlight to me.

EDIT: You're right, he does say he turns the backlight off with that white switch. So, maybe it's really that good :-)

Last edited by Sonist; 06-03-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote