View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 05:03 AM   #19
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8140david View Post
Thanks.

Would there be a way, with some kind of script, to implement this generally?
For example, suppose I have clicked at Authors.
Then I click on one.
Then, there would be arrows back and forward, that would show me directly the previous author or the next one.
Ths scrip would have to follow my actions, to know whether I'm looking for next author, or next in the tag, of what have you.
But perhaps the various Back and Forward options could be proposed depending on how I have set up the catalog?
The only way that I can see this being done is by client-side JavaScript and it would definitely be non-trivial if it is actually possible at all. It is well beyond my current knowledge of client-side JavaScript.

One thing that is being added soon is better navigation within a paginated set of linked pages. At the moment there is only a 'Next' button. There will definitely be "Previous', First' and 'Last' buttons added (when relevant) as part of implementing this feature request. We also hope to add a 'Goto Page' option to jump to a specified page although that is not as certain.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote