Thread: Firmware 3.2.0
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 07:30 AM   #53
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I found that with the font I prefer, Amasis, the darkness of the font I have always preferred is sharper than before 3.2--and in a good way. For me, for my preferences, it is an improvement. I never really was able to get what I was aiming for in sharpness on my own. Not sure why. I don't like it what Kobo (or any other company) takes away my own control and substitutes their "wisdom", but in this case, it worked out for me.

I would try it rather than turning down the other fixes in this build out of concern that this one change will not be to your liking. You can always go back to the earlier firmware (not a pleasant thing to do, but doable).
taming is offline   Reply With Quote