View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 12:29 PM   #14
Section8
Addict
Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Moon+ Reader on a cheap Android tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Interesting. It sounds as if the images were always intended to be exclusive to the print edition. I've seen that sort of situation before. But never where the images were still included in the ebook's package--just unmanifested. Weird. Probably still a slip-up (if not downright incompetence), though.
I'm fairly certain these images were manifested, they just weren't linked anywhere in the html text. When I import a new book into calibre, I usually run Quality Check and check for unmanifested files, but may have missed this book - I'll double check this evening. However, I have a vague recollection (probably from a thread in these forums) that Sigil will totally ignore unmanifested files when opening an epub. If that's true, these definitely were manifested.
Section8 is offline   Reply With Quote