View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 10:24 PM   #1
Section8
Addict
Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Moon+ Reader on a cheap Android tablet
Joe Hill's NOS4A2 - discounted but problems.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but since this was a discounted ebook, I've posted this here.

Yesterday, I picked up the epub of Joe Hill's NOS4A2, discounted at $1.99, as reported here in the Deals forum in a couple of other threads. As I was going thru my usual CSS tweaking & cleanup session in Sigil, I was shocked when the "Delete unused image files" tool picked up 29 unused images. These looked like some pretty nice drawings and illustrations, all unreferenced in the book's html. Looking through amazon's online preview of the print version of this book confirmed this - these are illustrations in the print version, omitted from the epub text.

This kind of thing infuriates me. With the exception of tweaking font sizes, margins and such for my ereader, I want to experience the same content as the pbook when I read an ebook. Based on the image file names (most are named page_NNN.jpg, where NNN is the page number in the pbook), and performing text searches on the amazon online pbook, I was able to figure out where they go and restore them. I did email the publisher and ask them why all these images were omitted from the ebook.
Section8 is offline   Reply With Quote