View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
But if you want to make a temporary change to a bigger line spacing, you can't. Or if you are sharing the library with your family and they like different settings. When I fiddle with an epub, I like to remove as many of the hard-coded settings as possible. That gives the most flexibility when reading the book. For line spacing, Kobo's minimum of 1.3 is almost right for me. I'd probably use 1.2 if it was there, but it isn't enough of advantage to make me hard-code it.
So if anyone else in your family has a Kobo, you make then suffer with an overly large line height.

Quote:
And for anyone who wants to know, the line spacing settings are: 1.3, 1.35, 1.4, 1.6, 1.775, 1.9, 2, 2.2, 3. I have no idea why those numbers, but they have been like this for a while.
Too big, a little bit more too big, still too big, really too big, getting really too big, awfully too big, a little bit more awfully too big, and really stupid too big.

I would like to see it go like this...

1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, 1.9, 2.0.

That would work for most people.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote