Thread: OTG support
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #40
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
OK, so now I have the USB keyboard, and I had it connected to both my Kindle and my Sony PRS-T1. No dice in either case. Nothing happened, so obviously the built-in software keyboards don't accept parsing from a connected USB keyboard.
But that was to be expected

As some folks with more knowledge than I have pointed out, you need some software support for that as well: the USB controller needs to be put into "host" mode, and the correct kernel modules for the hardware must be loaded (usbhid and/or hid comes to my mind, but I may be wrong).
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote