View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumguy View Post
tomsem, thanks for your tip.

I checked out ibisreader.com just now. Unfortunately it doesn't sync bookmarks. The desktop browser interface doesn't have bookmarks at all.

As I mentioned, Kindle doesn't work either. I have the Kindle app, and the Send To Kindle and cloud storage works even without a Kindle device. I do get the "Send To Kindle" in my printer list by the way. But it doesn't sync bookmarks or last-page-read to the Mac for Personal Documents, only for the books I bought from Amazon.

So, still seems to be impossible...
I've never quite understood how webapps work, and why Ibis Reader didn't support that with desktop browsers, since they offer the best HTML5 support in general. I guess it is hard enough to build an ePub reader inside a browser.

Yes, I don't use Kindle for Mac much; forgot that it doesn't support PDocs. Perhaps they will get around to adding this in the future. Certainly with Ibis mothballed, Amazon is the closest to having this all work (but I keep hoping Google will attach Play Books to Google Drive so you can upload 3rd party content to their reading system).

What MacOS version are you running BTW? I do have S2K printer on Windows, but not Mac (running 10.7.4).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote