Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #44
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
If you have ideas for useful patches, feel free to post them here. I don't want this to be stuck in the "demo + TTS enabling" phase forever

Note: "patches", not "an entirely new OS" (Also see updated first post). While it's hard to define what exactly qualifies as a "patch", maybe something like "small changes to the UI or its logic, which slightly modify the way the device behaves" could do as a vague definition.

Also note that not everything may be possible to do, because the Kindle (and especially the K5) consist of many building blocks, not all of which are Java. For instance, the request that just popped up (to have the home button behave as "page forward") cannot be catered for with this mechanism alone, as it involves components outside of the Java "subsystem".

That said, if you have some nice ideas, post them here. But I can't promise that I can implement everything (and I wouldn't mind at all if others tried to develop something).
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote