View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #7
Rob Lister
Fanatic
Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
i've never heard an audio book. i'm afraid that i simply wouldn't be able to concentrate on whats going on.
I've tried it on a few occasions. I suppose they would be okay for long drives. I found the experience mind-numbingly slow. Most folks read at a speed substantially faster than the spoken word, especially when it comes to dialog; the dialog is not only read far more quickly than spoken, but the descriptors of that dialog (she said, he exclaimed, etc) is not so much read as it is absorbed congruently with the dialog. I suppose the same goes for adverbs and adjectives to a lesser extent. When every word is verbalized, it distracts me to the point of aggravation: get to the point!
Rob Lister is offline   Reply With Quote