View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 04:45 AM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by timezone View Post
I urge people that do not own Kindles to write a friendly email to Amazon. I wrote Amazon a few days ago and asked them to pass the email to the Kindle group. I received a nice but probably canned response but still nice reply. They may never open up the ebook purchasing to other users but if enough people write to them they may start to think about it. Whatever the profits are with a Kindle sale the sale of ebooks may be the better revenue stream. If they are using the old model give away the razor to sell the blades or printer to sell the ink then they should eventually be interested in offering ebooks to other eReaders. The volume alone may eventually justify the change in policy.
That's never going to happen. Amazon has no need to open up eBooks to non-Kindle owners. If you do not own a Kindle, you cannot view AZW eBooks without removing the DRM because there is no desktop viewer. The only viewer is in the Kindle. Now asking Amazon to create a program not tied to the Kindle would be a better idea. But I don't think they'll do that either. If you owned a 505 or an iLiad, you'd be able to remove the DRM and use the eBooks on another device. That's not what Amazon wants. They want to keep their eBooks tied to the Kindle only.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote