View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 11:17 AM   #6
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I like the way Naomi Alderman (indirectly) calls people who rave about the tactile sensation of paper books "fetishists." There's a way to get on a traditionalist's good side!

Reminds me of a quote attributed to jazz player Dizzy Gillespie, when a journalist questioned him about his "fetish" for a goatee:

"It's not a fetish... it's an affectation!"

Still, I question whether or not we're really seeing any substantive changes yet. Pubs are still talking, but I don't see a lot of real action. And throwing about buzz-words like iPod don't constitute action... just trying to catch attention with buzz-words.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote