View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #23
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
Yeah, I'm playing with Xournal in the emulator myself (and now the device)... and it actually runs pretty well. A couple display bugs for V5 (can't see what page you are actually on because the control gets squished in the bottom bar, and the fast draw lines never seem to redraw correctly unless I change the page).

As for just taking some hand-written notes? Very promising already.
W.r.t. the redraw, this is indeed the behaviour on the DR1000 also. The scribbles are written, via a scribble-library, directly to the screen, you will see them quickly, but they will be lighter then expected. At the same time the scribbles are also drawn using gtk, however, the full-screen is not update until an 'appropriate' moment. A full redraw of the screen taken about 800ms on the DR1000 (will be a little less on the smaller screen of the DR800), so doing a full redraw after every stroke, would not result into a usable functionality.

I copied my DR1000 VMWare image and loaded the DR800 poky/kernel files, works very well. I copied the xournal installation ipk-files and the poppler libs to the emulator and started xournal manually. It al worked the first time. I do not see the problems you see with the Controls on the emulator is that only a problem on the real device?
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote