View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 06:46 PM   #68
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
This was actually a big advantage I hadn't anticipated with my Wind--the lowest brightness setting is perfectly comfortable to read in the dark, so when I'm nodding, I just lower the lid and set the netbook on my night stand, which makes a much smoother transition to sleep for me than setting a book aside and setting off the light.
Now you see that wouldn't work for me even the simple act of having to move to put the netbook on the night stand would wake me up again.

I've been reading e-books now for over 10 years starting with a Palm IIIc with palmreader through various ipaqs to my current itouch and they've always had the advantage that I can read in the dark and when I fall asleep they just drop out of my hand and switch themselves off.
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote