View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 06:38 PM   #67
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnementh View Post
The second reason again comes from reading in bed as i like to read with the light off, I read for 3-4 hours a night and I read till I fall asleep, if I have to move to switch the light off I'm awake again and it's another couple of hours before i fall asleep (weird I know...) the touch is perfect for this as it switches itself off after 3 minutes.
This was actually a big advantage I hadn't anticipated with my Wind--the lowest brightness setting is perfectly comfortable to read in the dark, so when I'm nodding, I just lower the lid and set the netbook on my night stand, which makes a much smoother transition to sleep for me than setting a book aside and setting off the light.

I hadn't considered the page-turns issue, but it's something I find more immersive in my netbook than in pbooks, that I have instantaneous one-button page turns.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote