View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 10:47 AM   #9
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulsa View Post
- - - -
@knc1: Is it somehow possible to do netboot without serial access?
I do not wnat to tear my kindle apart.
That would be really nice, wouldn't it?
I don't think so, but have not done exhaustive trials.

The SoC has a (hardware) start-up sequence that can detect a netboot set-up, BUT I don't think Amazon has let us have access to it.

Which means changing the u-boot env. variables, which means serial port access.

- - - -

What version of Buildroot?
2014.08 was recently released, if not using that, try again with that version (I do not think it will change your problem).

Then, next step, report the problem on the BR mailing list at:
buildroot@buildroot.org
(You probably will have to sign up for the mailing list to post.)

You should get an almost immediate response - that project crew is very responsive.

- - - -

There is (was?) a custom build of an Amazon kernel that supported kexec on an earlier model device (K5 I think) - -
Sorry, I don't have the link(s) to the posts here about it.
Perhaps someone else has those bookmarked.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote