View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #104
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcapelo View Post
Hi gang,

I had mine working for so long that when it stopped working i had no ideia what was going on.

what exactly changed, where can I get the new script and how can I install??

thanks in advance

PC
Hi, pcapelo, the new script mentioned is this one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by weese View Post
Hi Kevin,

you did a great job! And I was able to set the applet up on my Kobo Mini after some problems finding the right firmware (>=2.6 seems to be incompatible with pygame). Also it seems that the full_update binary leaves some artifacts of the previous page always.
However, I could fix that by the manual raw-file method. Now I try to set up an arm build chain (embedian doesn't work with Jessie) to adapt full_update and also to compile wakertc in order to turn the device on only for a couple of seconds each hour.

I extended your app and started a fork on bitbucket. If anyone can use it, be my guest! More information at:

http://bitbucket.org/david_weese/kobo-weather-app

Cheers,
Dave
It was made for the Kobo Mini and I haven't tried it on my Wifi, so I don't know if it would work.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote