View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 04:50 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glottalpoly View Post
After further testing it would seem that the "#Subject" is treated as "just text" and that it searches through everything. Thus looking for Subject "101" (Theory Of Philosophy), also retrieves "101 Dalmatians" (101 in the Title).

That is NOT quite the behaviour i was expecting !
What are you entering into the search box? The correct syntax is the same as used in calibre: #subject:101.

HOWEVER... While playing with search to verify that things worked as I expect, I found two significant bugs. I am surprised that no one has reported them.

The first bug: enumerated columns (column with a fixed set of values) and composite columns (column made from other columns) could not be searched.

The second bug, and the worse of the two: the searcher was using the column name instead of the column lookup key as the search prefix. In effect, this means that searches on custom columns didn't work unless by accident the name and the key were the same. Almost all the columns in my test library are like that, so I never noticed the problem.

While fixing these bugs I added regular expression searches (calibre's '~' searches) to CC.

All of this will be in the next release. My son has been horribly backed up so we haven't made the progress we wish, but we are hoping that the release will be the end of this week.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote