View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
Glottalpoly
Enthusiast
Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Custom Groups in Companion CC (Dewey)

In Calibre in the “Subject” field I have classified my books using Dewey. Thus on the Left Hand Side in Calibre, as well as the usual “Author … Series … Publisher..” I have “Subject” which provides a hierarchical structure (see picture). E.g.
300Anthropology
500NaturalScience
...... 500NaturalScience.510Maths
.............500NaturalScience.510Maths.512Algebra

This provides “automatic” subject filtering in Calibre. I am trying to do the same in CC. The “OTB” CC gives me automatic Title, Author, Series (etc) Grouping. I added “#Subject” expecting the same to happen, but it seems to be treated very differently. I :
1. Click on “Group By #Subject” (expecting to see them grouped by …. Subject),
2. It prompts me to enter a search term.
3. I enter “512” (i.e. Algebra)
4. It tells me how many are in that “Group” but doesn’t display the list.
5. I THEN need to “Ungroup” them to display the list of books
6. I can then “Group By” (Author, Publisher etc)
So instead of a ONE click action, it is now a six click process. It seems that the user custom “Group”, functions more as a “Filter” rather than a Group. Is that correct ? How can I get it to behave as an actual “Group” ?

If I can’t “Custom Group”, then it would seem that I would need to copy the Subject to the Tag Field then use the Tags or some other way. Any thoughts ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CalibreDewey.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	96567  

Last edited by Glottalpoly; 11-20-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Glottalpoly is offline   Reply With Quote