View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #7
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Thank you Walt and Charles for your efforts. Of all the weird problems to have... But then, I do tend to get the odd ones.

I did as suggested and reinstalled the reader apps (FBReader & Aldiko) and checked the defaults - none were set. I then cleared data on everything involved (including CC), still no luck. I still got the "no app answering the call" dialog on epubs. Interestingly, I do now get options for mobi (including Moon+), which was not the case yesterday. So now we're down to just epubs being an issue.

In the file browser, selecting an epub now presents all expected options - FBreader, Moon+, and Aldiko. Just for kicks, I selected to use Moon+ as the default. Went back to CC, cleared data, rescanned, and still "no answer".

Since I was looking for an excuse to tinker anyway, maybe today is a good day to install a custom ROM. I've been unlocked and rooted since day two of having the tablet, so all I needed was a reason. I'm gonna go make a nandroid and get started.

Last edited by CWatkinsNash; 10-08-2012 at 11:26 AM. Reason: bbcode fail
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote