View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #1385
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Look at the titlepage_entries ini parameter to change the order. Look at the custom formatting page for changing the HTML.
Thanks. I knew there had to be somewhere I could look up the information. I just couldn't figure out where. I've been able to rearrange how the metadata looks on the page.

Quote:
You're well familiar with the search and replace feature--replace_metadata. If you want to have different metadata in calibre and on the title page, you'll have to use (add_to_)extra_valid_entries and include_in_* parameters to create new metadata entries to treat different.
I'm a little confused on this part though. I created the extra entries:
Code:
extra_valid_entries:tcategory
include_in_tcategory:category

tcategory=>Book/Comics.=>
But I am unsure where to place it. Do I place it before the title page entry/label section in the default? Do I paste in the title page code from the custom page in the custom formatting page under the epub section and place my extra valid entries into the metadata section?

I also had trouble figuring out how to get it to show up in the title page. I added into the the title page entry/label section:
tcategory:Fandom

Then I tried to use that under title_page_entries, but the output only gave tcategory before the characters.

I haven't used the extra valid entry or the include in parameters very much, so I am very confused as to where to place them and how to get a new valid entry to show on the title page.

Quote:
You may find it helpful to remember that you can apply the same replacement rule to more than one metadata entry:
genre,category=>Humor=>Comedy
I did not realize that. That could be extremely helpful. not only in the title page, but elsewhere in my code.

Quote:
My only idea for that one is to look at the calibre templating language. kiwidude over on the Generate Cover thread may have more advice.
I noticed when looking at the defaults entry that there is a set summary html value which I have set to true. I think that might strip the html tags like I wanted. However, I have it set to true because I want to get covers when available. Also, I'd rather perfect the title page than use the covers, so I think I'll wait on the cover. Thanks though.