View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #162
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
The plugin doesn't remove all existing occurrences of line-height. It only does that for widows & orphans and @page.

If you know that your epubs have all been calibre-converted at some point then you may be able to use kobo_extra.css to override the Kobo's own line-height setting on the font adjustment screen, but it will depend on how much each epub is riddled with other line-height settings.

Try adding something like
Code:
body.calibre, body.calibre1, body.calibre2, body.calibre3, body.calibre4, body.book, body.epub {
    line-height: 1.0
    }
to your kobo_extra.css file. If that isn't successful enough you could try adding div, p to the selector list, i.e.
Code:
body.calibre, body.calibre1, body.calibre2, body.calibre3, body.calibre4, body.book, body.epub, div, p {
    line-height: 1.0
    }
and see if that 'catches' more of your epubs. But it may also change line-height settings you wish it hadn't.

Just be aware that if this does work for any given epub, it is likely that the Kobo's own line spacing adjustment bar will no longer work for that epub -- but you may not care about that.
Thanks, will give it a try.
And no I don't really care as I actually want a smaller line height
Helen

PS
Didn't work. Didn't even make it into the CSS file, perhaps this is just for widows and orphans which I already have in my conversion defaults.

I must try and learn more about CSS and the overriding of

Thanks again

Last edited by speakingtohe; 08-02-2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: PS
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote