View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 12:20 AM   #5170
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
And now as of today I can confirm my suspicions (which already seems to be the general opinion when it comes to W8) that yes, the interface was truely optimized for a touchscreen. While I was at the mall getting my iPod replaced, I also popped into the Microsoft store. Well, wandered by might be a more appropriate choice of words, given that the "store" is in the middle of one of the walk ways. Anyway, I spent quite a few minutes with the Surface. And while I wouldn't personally buy one, it is a pretty nice piece of kit. Except for the keyboards that is. I didn't particularly like either one. The touch keyboard offers no feedback, and there is not enough of a gap between the keys on the other one.
I agree that the Windows 8 interface seems to be designed with touchscreens in mind. I just moved to a new laptop with Windows 8 installed (and no touchscreen) and it's quite a change from Windows XP (which I used on my last computer).

One thing I had trouble with at first is closing down applications. Rather than clicking on an "X" in the corner, I found out (via reading) that you have to pull the top of the application down to close it. Overall, I've found that Windows 8 has been a good upgrade from Windows XP but it will take some time to get used to it.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote