View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #25
chexmix
Zealot
chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Onyx Boox M96
I am waffling between a tablet and something like the Onyx M92 for (mostly graphic-y, academic PDFs, myself.

For those in this thread who have suggested tablets for PDFs: do you believe the oft-touted eyestrain difference between a tablet and a dedicated e-reader (e-ink) is nonexistent, or so small as to be ignorable?

That's not at all a challenge, it really is just a question. I'm 51 -- my eyes are not what they used to be and they easily tire. I have had a 1st generation Kindle for a few years and recently I have been using it a LOT -- and have experienced no noticeable eyestrain (beyond what I'd get from reading a paper book, that is). But my eyes start to spontaneously dry out when I so much as think about reading from a lit LCD, instead. I find I can't read much from my laptops' screens. But perhaps its all just placebo effect?

I've read conflicting reports ... would be interested in hearing more opinions on this even if that just means more conflicting reports. :^)

Thanks,

Glenn
chexmix is offline   Reply With Quote