View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 11:51 PM   #20
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tufrostie View Post
I am out in the sticks here so , no library. I like to read best sellers, I dont have a problem paying for drm - I read it on my laptop, just want an ereader that can do the same. So yeah, post #3 didnt actually direct me anywere, but thank you for the redirection. No need to be rude.

"you know, I replied to that question way up in post #3"
Tufrostie, the firmware with DRM support will be released very soon. I mean, really soon, I just talked yesterday to guys in Kiev, the developers of PB's firmware and they said that they expect it to be ready by the end of November, even earlier.
Actually, here's a little secret (attention, insider's info!): the DRM-capable firmware is already ready and waits the final the "OK" from Adobe. Right now it is with Adobe, at their final review.
Everything was not that simple: the guys in Ukraine ADDED a lot of new features to the 'bare' DRM-support (they asked me not to tell yet which), actually, ENHANCING the initial thing. Adobe was surprised, not expecting such an initiatives... Well, right now all we can do is wait for Adobe's reply.
One more thing - what you have right now on your 360 may be called the test-version (beta-version) of the drm-supportive firmware. It may work pretty well with drm epubs, or may not, in Europe it does. Please try your drm'ed files on PB360.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote