View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 03:56 AM   #444
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Personally, I say yuck. I want to watch the device boot so I know it is working.
what used to happen with my previous device was: upon switching on, the "off" screensaver would be substituted by the last page you were reading in a book (so you'd know the device was waking up); and upon finishing the boot the image you were reading would be replaced by the book, giving you the feel of a page refresh (which I guess in a way it is what it was). So you'd know all was being well.

Anyhow, of course different people have different needs and tastes - this is why I said "option" though I am not sure this argument will convince you
paola is offline   Reply With Quote