View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #47
geoffwood
Addict
geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT+K4T+PRST1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
The KF is getting Jelly Bean from the same developers who gave us ICS, just as soon as the source comes out, it's been said.
Getting Jelly Bean would be interesting, but it doesn't make the Fire a very good Android Tablet. To me the biggest issue with the Fire, and the reason I returned mine even after installing ICS, is the lack of sensors. Without a GPS none of the location based apps and services work correctly, and that is a huge part of Android. The fact that the Nexus 7 has a GPS gives it a significant advantage over the Fire, in my eyes. Add to that a Microphone and a front facing camera which makes Skype and other tools viable and it is a much more useful Tablet. Of course it will still run the Kindle App, so you get most of the Fire's functionality, minus the assess to Amazon's Video, which I have used maybe twice in my years of Prime membership.

For me the Nexus 7 is a better solution, if I needed another tablet, which I don't. For people who use Amazon Video and don't need location services then the Fire may be a better solution.
geoffwood is offline   Reply With Quote