View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Halloween's Chill-Thrill Horrorfest Recommendation List! (2012)

I love to read scary books and with Halloween coming soon, this seems like a good time to have a healthy reading list of delightfully wicked and evil stories and novels to dig into when alone in a graveyard.

I'd like to start off by recommending P. S. Gifford's collections of short stories. (I bought mine from Fictionwise.) Many of his stories are very O'Henryesqe, in that many have a surprise, startling ending. Obviously, some are more memorable than others.

He uses a corny framing device (like an old-time radio show), of introducing each story utilizing an imaginary character which some readers may find intrusive, but which I find hilariously demented and corny - which I feel is the whole purpose.

The stories are deliciously wicked, and I love his writing.

So.....what are your suggestions?

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-04-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote