View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 12:08 PM   #26
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Technically, they aren't free in the US either. They're supported by tax dollars.

How much do you have to pay for a library card?
That depends on where you are. I live in a small town of less than 4000.

Our library is a private foundation, not a government entity, and we finance it with donations and fundraisers just like the volunteer firedepartment.

I feed it a steady stream of history and political books. Other people feed it novels (my fiction purchases are digital obviously) and it does pretty well.

Answering the question - libraries should not charge.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote