View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
I managed to find my Kindle's PID, and re downloaded the ebook. Now instead of the error message telling me to contact Amazon, I get one where it's saying that the book is not authorized for this Kindle. I assume this is where I have to remove the DRM?
The Mobi desktop PID would have worked to remove the DRM, no need to put the Kindle PID in and re-download any PID will do. But yes, you should be set to remove the DRM.

Quote:
What a pain in the ass just to read a legally purchased book on the Kindle... I wonder how many sales retailers are losing by forcing people to jump through these hoops to buy their products, as opposed to just downloading torrents?
I'll agree DRM is a PITA, but in this case you have to expect some hoops. The Kindle is meant to use books from Amazon (for DRM'd books anyway). Until recently it's meant to be a US only product. So to want to use it in another way one has to expect a few hoops.

FYI, just so you know for future reference, ebooks.com is generally one of the most expensive places to get books so you might want to shop around a bit.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote