View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 04:33 AM   #21311
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Congrats on the recovery, Stitch. Deleting all your work sounds like something I'd do.

Correction: Deleting all your work sounds like something I've done. Except in my case, I accidentally wrote zeros to my backup drive after the hard drive failed. And now you know why I use Carbonite!

In this case Carbonite wouldn't have helped. I thought I already HAD transferred the images to my drives. That's usually the first thing I do; copy to my working drive and another copy to my backup. Immediately. Before I do anything else. Except this time... Instead I chose to look at them while they were still on the memory card. And I guess I got excited by one of the raw images and decided that I wanted to process it and see how it would come out. Then I did another and another and another... then stopped for dinner. When I came back to the computer, I 'knew' that I'd been processing pictures, so in my mind I thought I must have already made the copies, then noticed the card still plugged into the reader. I took it out, put it back into the camera and formatted it. Thank God for recovery tools!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote