View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 03:49 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
yes, that could explain what I have been seeing , assuming it also happens with epub to mobi conversions ( I do not usually have any reason for doing mobi to mobi but I do a lot of epub to mobi
If the ePub had the metadata page inserted prior to conversion to mobi and you added another I guess it might double up.

Quote:
is that a bug or a feature ?
Yes, it is part of an expanding set of features that might bug some folks who don't pay attention.

Before calibre 0.6.50 ePub to ePub conversions would end up with duplicate book jackets too. Any book that the metadata page was inserted after that version can now be converted again without the book jacket being duplicated. In epubs it is easy enough to identify and replace but in a Mobi book jacket isn't its own separate html, thus you have to be more careful in the settings when converting books where the book jacket is already inserted.

Quote:
it would be nice, someday to be able to set conversion prefs by type, so my default for epub output could be add metadata, & my default for mobi output could be do not add...
That idea definitely has merit.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote