View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 03:00 AM   #9
terencek
Groupie
terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
In fact what I have not seen mentioned anywhere is that the K3 can function as a very nice standalone podcast player, if like me you want to listen on speakers, not headphones.

The trick is to dump your podcasts into the Audiobooks directory on the Kindle, which will recognise MP3s. A fairly basic interface then allows reasonable navigation through your podcast, including the ability to resume from where you left off after any time -- or even days or weeks! I've added Podcasts to my list of Collections for easy access.

Audio quality is good for this purpose, with sufficient volume for personal or small-group listening. Not great for music (for which you'd be better plugging in headphones), but doing it through the Audiobooks folder gives you the interface control over your audio files which you do not get if you put them in a music folder, which only allows background audio without an interface and no selection choice.
terencek is offline   Reply With Quote