View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #18
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I review books for a romance website, I know the books written by authors I am involved with are not 'rubbish' and the formatting isn't an issue either.

I detest broad statements that seem to cover the whole story!
The problem is that we all tend to make broad statements based on our tastes. That publisher might be biased, but so are we all.

If I were lenient about fiction to the point that correct formatting, spelling and grammar were enough, I wouldn't dismiss the majority of what's self-published either. The problem for me is that many self-publishers now become writers because there's no dragon at the entrance any more -- no fear of professional rejection -- and writing looks like an easy cottage business to many people: a way to impose one's personality on others, a job inspired by posting on public forums.

Then again, we'll always cultivate gifted lunatics this way, essential mooncalves who'd never find posterity without being given the freedom to froth. Many of our greatest poets and short story writers started out by self-publishing their first collections.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 06-11-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote