View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #15
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Can we clarify this. Are you saying that you can register at Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk under the same credentials? Or rather that when you log in to one site, you are automatically logged into the other?
I'm saying that I think you used to be able to register on both sites using the same email address and I'm speculating that's what happened to my friend's wife.

I'm also saying that having myself only registered once, I am still able to log on to both sites. But I'm not saying anything about being logged on automatically and in fact I'd agree with you that you need to log in separately to each site. However having logged on to both sites I can see that I'm using the same account because of things like if I change my displayed name it changes in both.

The distinction is that my friend's wife has two accounts, both have the same email address, but different passwords. If she logs on to .co.uk with password #1 she sees no books (and no registered devices) and a particular version of her name. If she logs out and logs on again (to .co.uk) with password #2 she sees her books, her devices and a slightly different version of her name.

Clearer?
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote