View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 12:47 PM   #876
ittiandro
Connoisseur
ittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notes

Device: JuliusvonJD
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
@Ittiandro -- can you post or PM me 1. the source PDF, 2. the k2pdfopt output, and 3. the k2pdfopt options you used? I would think that if the input is just a scanned article then the conversion to mobi should be pretty straightforward--just a sequence of bitmapped pages to convert, but the options you chose could be important--for instance, if you did a native PDF conversion, try turning that off (unchecking "Native PDF Output" in the MS Windows GUI). The standard bitmapped output (i.e. non-native conversion) from k2pdfopt, I would guess, would likely be easier for Calibre to digest than the native-conversion output.
Willus

I am trying to send both files you requested ( the original PDF and the converted k2PdfOpt, but I get a message that these two files cannot be uploaded due to something wrong with the " security'(?).
THese files are big : the original PDF is 25 Mb and the k2PdfOpt conversion 50 Mb!. May be this is the problem! Maybe it is better that I e-mail you but I forgot your address. Mine is vifra@videotron.ca.
About the settings I used to convert to k2PdfOpt, I cannot dig them back, but I can tell you that I never use the the native PDF setting. Actually , I never check any of the boxes, except, sometimes, the Autostraighten box and the Colour Output. I use the fit-to-page setting and I seldom play with the margins.

Thank you so much

Ittiandro
ittiandro is offline   Reply With Quote