View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 04:32 AM   #12
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
I haven't tested it yet as I'm currently testing battery life and don't want to mess that up, but:

- When I first tried this plugin out, I put two books (book A and B) on my GoogleDrive, synced my Touch and voila, book A and B were right there on my homescreen together with previous books X, Y and Z.
- Later, I plugged my Touch into my computer briefly to manually load two other books, book C and D. Those turned up on my homescreen perfectly. However: I'm not sure of this as this is from memory and something I noticed at a later stage: books A and B weren't there any more, just books X, Y and Z with the new C and D.
- The next day, I put another book, book E, on my GoogleDrive, and synced the Touch. What the Touch downloaded from GoogleDrive were all books there: books A, B and E. All three appeared on my home screen on the largest spaces, together with books C and D on the smaller spaces.

This is when I realised books A and B had been gone [from the home screen] after plugging the Touch into the computer. I'm not entirely certain they were gone from the library, but why else would they be gone from the home screen? It's like the virtual µSD card is deleted or not registered when/after the device is connected to a computer...?

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spMatti View Post
[...] Most likely the virtual SD card won't start automatically after update. Probably you just have to hit "sync" after update and restart the eReader. You shouldn't have to reauthorize.
Or is this what is happening? The virtual SD is still there but not started? And only book E was downloaded but books A and B were added to the home screen again because they were suddenly 'new' after the virtual SD card started with the sync? But then... why did they disappear form the home screen in the first place? Is the virtual SD card shut down when/after plugging in to a computer, or after processing content that was added with a cable??

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 02-13-2013 at 04:39 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote