View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #11
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgatwood View Post
Ah. Now I understand. The problem is that Nook's notion of "Publisher Defaults" is hopelessly broken. As best I can tell:
  • The option is not enabled by default. Instead, an arbitrary (possibly user-chosen) font is used unless the user specifically chooses "Publisher Defaults" for each book.
  • Nook doesn't offer the "Publisher Defaults" option at all unless the book contains at least one embedded font.
  • Nook overrides publisher-chosen fonts in SVG content (which is very, very bad behavior).

That second one is incorrect - the Publisher Defaults option should be there for all trade epubs (unless something got changed while I wasn't looking).
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote