Thread: Development Pocket Edge 2.2 NEW Firmware
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #313
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by webmayin View Post
I have tried a number of the various updates in this and other threads, renamed them to update.zip on my sd card, and have yet to see an update splash screen while I have held down the menu and rotate buttons for very long after sliding the power button. I have used the reset button as suggested, and currently my pocket edge will not boot, and hangs with 3 dots with the text displaying backwards. There does not seem to be any log file on my sd card. Any help would be appreciated.
The text appearing backwards points to the possibility that you might have tried to install the update for the EE rather than the PE. Also, you only have a 50/50 chance of an SD card doing the update.

You will need to get the dingo golden update and copy it to the root of a USB stick and make sure it is named update.zip and NOT update.zip.zip which can happen if you are doing it from windows.

You might have to try a few USB sticks because not all of them are created equal - some work and some don't.

Once you have your PE back to Dingo you can then use the same USB stick to update your PE to Ermine, just replace the Dingo update.zip with the Ermine update.zip.

If the above does not work then you will have to consider the use of the serial cable but we will only get to that if it is needed.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote