View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 04:09 AM   #57
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I am like most of you here: I have had a tablet since the iPad 1 (and before that Pocket PCs, the Nokia "tablet", Windows smart phones) and now have the iPad 3, a Nexus 7, an iPod Touch 5th gen and various Android phones - I do not read on LCD. I read on my Kindles exclusively and this MAY only change, if they start making tablets with eink. I know plenty of people who are the same : own then latest tablets but read on eink, and I know one single person around me who reads on her Nook tablet and gave away her Nook 1 (an ugly device only a mother could love!!), so people who read a lot seem to favor eink.
The reason why I can't wait for rollable color eink displays is that while books today are black and white, if color eink became prevalent, novels could have nice graphical enhancements in color because, diffent from print books, they would not cost more to produce. I am thinking small things like the Chapter titles, maps in the front of books, etc.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote