View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 03:08 AM   #29
BadBilly
Nodding at stupid things
BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, OnePlus 6, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, iPad Mini 2, PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post

So... I guess now I just wait, hoping I get an email from Zinio. I guess if I don't hear anything in six weeks I'll do a cc dispute.

I used to work in Visa customer service for a major Canadian bank, then in card fraud. I have a pretty good understanding of the rules. Note that the rules are set by Visa International and are, to the best of my knowledge, the same for all Visa issuers. No harm in checking with your bank, though.

The only grounds for dispute you would have would be non-delivery of the goods or services you paid for. The tricky part is that there is a limit to how long you have to dispute it. Depending on the product, it can be 60-70 days, typically. For items or services that are to be delivered to the client, the clock usually starts ticking 30 days AFTER the promised delivery date. They don't want to be doing a bunch of chargebacks on merchants just because something is delayed a day or two.

Now, here's the thing. You may need to prove when they said it was going to be delivered. Do you have anything in writing? If not, make sure you write down all the details of your phone conversation, including agent name/ID number.

All the above notwithstanding, contact your bank to see if their rules vary. They may provide something above the minimum required. Also, if the amount of the charge is low enough (and it probably is), they may not even go through the chargeback process. They may simply write it off because it is cheaper and easier. If that's the case, they may be willing to do it sooner. Don't ask them to write it off. You still have to tell them you want to dispute "goods not received."

Last edited by BadBilly; 01-25-2013 at 03:11 AM.
BadBilly is offline   Reply With Quote